Friday, October 16, 2009

Joan's Musings

I am on the finish line on "Asian Wedding", it has been difficult, I think I know why. It is a winter scene and I used a yellow/gold background for the couple, I removed the top portion wanting to replace it with an aqua blue in the value of the woman's dress. I dyed silk, I painted, I bought more fabric, nothing looked good, and then I realized I was trying to put a cool color on the top portion and it just would not meld with the warm yellow background. Anyway I ended up finding a piece of the yellow background fabric and that seemed to look better than anything else I tried.

I received a $50.00 gift certificate from my daughter Tammy for my birthday from Equilter. That is a rather dangerous place. I ended up spending $150.00, oh well, it was fun. I got several spools of thread, for some reason I have become a thread junkie, just like shoes I just keep buying more! I also ordered several pieces of lush fabric, mostly batiks.

We had 10" of snow last week, a little early for winter, but it is warming up now, and supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow. I was very worried about my granddaughter Melissa, she and a couple friends had left from Casper to go to Denver right before the storm, several of the roads were closed due to the weather and I knew she would be heading back to Casper. I finally called and she had just gotten home about 10 minutes before I called, what a relief.

JD played golf today and I did a few chores around the house and spent most of the rest of the day in my sewing room. I have gotten addicted to bridge on line, so I have been playing that on a daily basis as well.

Well back up to finish "Asian Wedding".

No comments:

Post a Comment