Saturday, October 31, 2009

Snow

Joan's Musings

Must write about the fall snow storm,we had 2.5 feet of snow on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 27th and 28th. We were scheduled to have bridge club at my home on Wednesday and had to cancel it due to the snow. I tried to reschedule but ran into too many snags so guess it will have to wait until we get back from AZ. The snow is always beautiful in the mountains, there was no wind and the snow just sat on the pine boughs and rocks. Today the 31st was nearly 60 degrees so much of it has melted.

We plan to leave for AZ around the 12th, it will depend a little on the weather, hopefully these fronts will come to an end for awhile.

Talked to Sally today, Melissa is feeling better, they (she & Jessica) are getting ready to go to Jackson Hole tomorrow, Jess has a music festival and Sally is going as one of the parents.

I have spent the day, practicing the Fair Isle knitting technique where you knit with a ball of yarn in each the right and left hand and using both hands to manipulate the stitches. I always feel like I have wasted the day when I do something like that, but I learned how to do it and now it will take some practice to master it. Once learned, it will always be a resource.

A little more knitting and then off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment